A few years ago, after wasting way too many beautiful weekend days doing shopping errands, I decided to consolidate my household essentials shopping into one massive haul. My goal was to buy enough of the basics to last us all year so we wouldn’t run out of stuff at inconvenient times and so I’d be less inclined to impulse shop. Spoiler alert, I saved so much time and money that now I do it every year. Read the whole story.
If you’d like to save massive amounts of time and want to give yearly shopping a whirl, this Airtable will help you with the following:
- Create a list of everything your household uses on a regular basis, sorted by category
- Keep track of how long it takes you to use different items
- Keep track of the prices of different items so your haul stays on budget
- Generate a shopping list, sorted by store, with the total you will spend at each store
- Organize the stores you will shop at, with a link to each store for quick online shopping
Since this is based on the exact Airtable I use, it comes pre-populated with the items we use in our two-person, one dog household. Most of these items will apply to most households and you can customize your Airtable for your exact situation, whether you have kids, live alone, or have a different pet.
What is Airtable?
Imagine if a spreadsheet and database got together and had a baby. Airtable would be that baby, because it has the best features of both.
Airtable can help you organize piles of information. You can then display that information in a variety of formats to suit your needs: spreadsheet, calendar, Kanban board, you name it.
Airtable is amazing because...
- it's free
- it was designed for regular people
- it looks neater and is easier to use than a spreadsheet and
- you don't need to download any tools to start using it.
You're gonna love it.